Skip to main content

How to Apply for a US Passport

Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter


passportIf you’re traveling internationally for your high school Spring Break or Grad Trip, a passport is essential for travel. Typically getting a new or renewed passport takes 4-5 weeks, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time! Here are a few easy steps to obtain a US passport:

1. Application: Fill out the DS-11 passport application. Make sure you have your social security number and personal information ready. You can find the application here:

2. Submit: Submit the application and evidence of US citizenship in person at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency. This can be a birth certificate, old passport or certificate of citizenship.

3. Identification: Make sure to bring proper identification when you bring your application. This can be a driver’s license, identification card, military identification card, undamaged US passport. Bring a copy of the identification as well showing front and back.

4. Fee: When submitting your application you will have to pay a fee. Fees vary so check out the prices here:

5. Picture: To make things easier, take your passport photo at any local pharmacy or convenience store that offers this service. They will know the proper requirements but just in case check out this link:

GradCity International Destinations include:

  • Cancun, Mexico
  • Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • Costa Rica
For more details and passport information visit: