Every year when summer rolls around, a major concern for everyone is how to work off those extra pounds from hibernating throughout the winter and get back in bikini shape. At least for me, the hardest part is figuring out what workout routine is going to do the trick. Running is great and all, but at the end of the day if you want to get toned you are going to have to incorporate some weight or body weight exercises. These five tricks will have your beach body ready to go!
- Exercise regularly rather than exercising in bulk less often. Build your workout into your schedule and commit to it as if it were a doctor’s appointment or a meeting. Check out this simple workout you can do every morning to jumpstart your day!
- Always eat a good, hearty breakfast. Your breakfast is what sets the tone for the rest of your day, so make sure it is full of whole grains, protein, and vitamins!
- Eat every 3-5 hours. Eating small meals throughout the day keeps you from binging on unhealthy food when your stomach starts to grumble. Eat consistently to avoid the extremes of being famished and overly full!
- Stay away from processed foods as much as possible. It is much easier for your body to digest foods that grow in nature. You’ll metabolize what you eat faster and be less likely to bloat!
- Try variations of this meal plan for maximum nutrition and limited calories:
- Breakfast: Whole wheat English muffin topped with peanut butter and banana, and green tea or coffee with brown sugar and soymilk
- Morning Snack: 1/4 cup of all natural trail mix
- Lunch: Spinach salad with grilled chicken and avocado
- Afternoon Snack: 2 squares of dark chocolate with 1 cup of blueberries
- Dinner: Veggie burger with no bun and sautéed veggies on the side
- Reward: 150 calories to spend however you want…Perhaps some ice cream with dinner?!
Being healthy is always the main goal, but I mean hey, it doesn’t hurt to look good in a bathing suit while doing it! These tips are perfect for staying in shape throughout the winter so you are bikini ready by the time Spring Break rolls around.
Want more information on a 2016 senior trip? Click on the button below to look great on tropical beaches on Spring Break 2016 or a 2016 Grad Trip!