Last Updated: March 24, 2020
GradCity is aware of the recent Travel 4 Advisory issued by the Department of State as well as certain states issuing “Stay-at-home” orders. We are currently reviewing all advisories and updates and will be sending communication to all travelers potentially affected.
We have limited access to our office due to recent ‘stay-at-home’ orders being issued. We continue to process your emails, calls and requests as quickly as possible.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of questions from our customers about upcoming travel which is resulting in longer than normal wait times. We are prioritizing and addressing the most immediate issues first – travel scheduled to begin within the next week.
To allow our team to focus on customers with immediate needs, we are asking those who do not have travel within the next week to wait until GradCity contacts you via email with updates on your specific trip/week of travel.
We sympathize with all of our customers and understand this can be frustrating. We are working to support all our customers. For general updates and information on COVID-19, please see below.
To our valued Customers,
Firstly, we hope that you, your family, friends and colleagues are in good health. All of us have been following the COVID-19 virus and its spread across the globe.
Our team and vendors are working together, and we are closely monitoring updates and alerts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), government agencies and other global health organizations.
The situation is very fluid and we are taking it day by day. We wanted to update and inform you in regard to our destinations, vendors and your upcoming vacation.
- We are in continual contact with the Ministry of Tourism in each of our destinations where we are receiving updates in regard to the government’s response to COVID-19.
- We are in contact with the US Consulate in each of our destinations, whose goal is to protect American citizens on foreign soil and ensure their safety abroad, in regard to the COVID-19, protective measures and procedures.
- We are working closely with all of our resort vendors to know and understand the steps they are taking to prepare for COVID-19, and/or how their policies may change due to COVID-19.
- We have requested updates from our airline partners to better understand their cleaning processes and route schedules, and/or how their policies may change due to COVID-19.
- The Ministry of Health is providing updates on COVID-19 on its website.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic:
Panama City Beach, Florida:
- The Florida Department of Health is providing updates on COVID-19 on its website.
As we continue to closely monitor this developing situation, we will keep you informed with your safety and well being at the forefront of everything we do. You may continue to check this page’s website for any further updates.
We thank you for your continued patience while we navigate this situation together.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit:
- Department of State Health Updates
- CDC’s website: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- WHO is also publishing daily situation reports on the evolution of the outbreak.